Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Procrastination Station

I decided last night that today was going to be a writing day. I think we all know that I didn't do it. All day I kept saying, "I gotta get to writing" and I never did. It's now my bedtime and I didn't write a single sentence. I am the queen of procrastination, I have done it all my life, especially on my writing. If there was an essay due in school, I waited until the last possible minute to do it. For some reason I wrote better under pressure. Even my AP English final senior year of high school; it had to be at least 60 pages worth of poems and interpretations and pictures and all this other stuff, and what did I do? I took the first week it was given to us to do my research, then the day before it was due I started working on it. The next morning (it was my luck that I had that class first period) I still wasn't done. Thankfully I was very good friends with the astronomy teacher (I took her class the year before) and I went to her first period class and sat at her desk in the back and spent the next 3 periods finishing the project. Then she wrote me a pass to excuse me from the classes I missed. I handed my project "on time" and then the next class when we had to do our second part of the final (give a 5 minute oral presentation) I winged it. Thank bob for all the improve classes I took at RCA.

Anyway, I'm running off at the mouth, hehe. What I wanted to say was that today I did everything I could come up with except write. I played with my Sims and created new ones, I played my Alice game, Mahjong, played all the games I have on my DS, played with the Wii, read, surfed the net, and I karaoked. Yes, I even freaking karaoked on myspace because I apparently much rather make a fool of myself than write. LOL! I never karaoke on myspace, unless I've been drinking that is, lol, but I wasn't drinking today.

Why is it that we all do almost anything to get out of writing when we love it so much? I wonder.

2 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

And just think, you wrote a blog 388 words long. A page and 1/2 of a manuscript. LOL!

SaturnMoonie said...

DOH! LOL I was thinking something along those lines as I wrote it too.