Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Death By Dream

Earlier this afternoon I took a nap. I had a really strange dream: It was Sailor Moon related. I was one of the Sailor Scouts, it kept switching between Sailor Mars and Sailor Mercury. Anyway, we were being attacked by sprites. We would try to run away from them, but they kept fluttering by our legs and for some reason no matter how fast we ran, they managed to latch on. When they did that, I would get shocked, bad, and it would hurt a lot. We tried to use our powers against them, but we were outnumbered and Serena (Sailor Moon) was passed out on the floor.

This was the first time that I had EVER felt physical pain in a dream. I've never felt anything physical, it was always emotional. Even when I've had sexual dreams, my mind acknowledges that it's something good, and inside it feels good, but physically I wouldn't feel anything.

I've never believed that if you die in a dream you die in real life, but now that I had this dream...I'm not so sure anymore. I felt pain, and it was a lot of pain. What if I have a dream where I get shot, will I feel it as much as the real thing? Could I die in a dream and never wake up? I've had hundreds of dreams where I've died, but I always wake up right before it actually happens...what if one night I go all the way...and I die?

1 comment:

Carla Swafford said...

I've always heard death in dreams actually mean a birth. Either of a child or of your life (rebirth).