Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

I'm Awake!!!

I just had a frightening experience! I couldn't wake up from my dream!!! Actually, I couldn't wake up from my dreamssss. Multiple. I was dreaming that I was dreaming that I was in a dream within a dream and so on and so forth. I knew it was a dream because I wasn't wearing my glasses so I couldn't really see, and it was night time and dark, and I couldn't move very well - I was trapped in my comforter. But I was in an apartment and I was trying to figure out a way to wake up. And every time I woke up - or thought I woke up - I ended up back in the beginning of the dream. So I had to try a different approach to wake up. Eventually I guess I "passed" that particular dream, because then I was in a different dream. I was in some sort of castle, this time I had my glasses, but it was still dark and I kept waking up but still stuck dreaming. When I was there, I realized that not only was I dreaming, but that I was dreaming in a dream. And even if I managed to wake up, I would still be dreaming.

My mom in real life was getting ready for work, and I could hear the noises she was making in my dreams, so I started yelling at the top of my lungs, "Help! Please, wake me up. Wake me up!!!" Hoping that if I screamed it hard enough that the real life version of me would start to scream it too and maybe my mom would come and wake me up. But it didn't work, all it did was agitate me more because I felt like I'd been trapped in this dream realm for days. And so now I'm running around yelling, and crying, and I just want to wake up. And finally I do...but it's not real! How did I know? Because I was in some sort of Nikita dream, with bad guys and guns and all sorts of things. I just wanted to wake up! Finally, it was time for my mom to go to work so she came into my room to say goodnight and pulled me out of all of these dreams. I was truly awake this time! I felt so super relieved, and so super exhausted!!!

This is probably confusing to follow, but let me tell you...it was scary. I really thought I was stuck in dreamland forever, and they weren't the usual cool dreams/nightmares that I have, where I wouldn't mind. These were just odd (for me) and I didn't like them much. So the idea of being stuck there was really upsetting. *sighs* Hope this doesn't happen again any time soon.

No comments: