Pages

Friday, October 05, 2012

Things MIGHT be looking up

Maybe.

I got a job. It's with the call center I used to work with; I hear things are "brutal" so I'm a little apprehensive about going back. Also I'll be doing 1st shift so I'm kind of dreading that, and they are 10 hour shifts. But you know what? I can't complain. I almost lost everything. This is a job and it pays ok. So I will suck it up and work. Besides, the days I'm really going to be working are Fridays and Mondays...Saturdays and Sundays won't be as busy which is why I chose them. ;)

Funny, I originally had no idea I was applying at my old job; I saw a CSR job post on craigslist and sent my resume and it turned out to be them. Since they were on my resume I guess they mentioned me to one of my former supervisors. She told them to call me ASAP and that she wanted to talk to me - even though she usually didn't do the interviews. Well here I am, nervous, and hoping since she knows me that the interview would go smoothly...and it turns out I wasn't really there for an interview. I already had the position! She wanted to briefly catch me up on some changes in the company and the client and she showed me the available shifts and told me to choose the one I wanted. She even tweaked it a bit for me. Then she said that when they gave her my name she said that they didn't even need to interview me that the job was mine. And that made me feel good. I like when people say I do a good job, and having this type of reaction feels very good. I only worked there for a little under 2 years and I've been way for over a year...for her to be that happy to give me a job really makes me smile. It makes me want to do a good job not only for myself and my economic situation but also for her, for having so much faith in me and my ability.

No comments: