Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lucky Me

Sandy is over and everyone is gearing to get the cleanup started. I live in PA so I was super nervous about the hurricane/superstorm/thing that was coming. I do not like natural disasters, this is why I live in the East Coast; I much rather NOT be in the middle of a hurricane or a tornado, or an earthquake.

I was supposed to work Monday all day and I was getting nervous because I take the bus in the evenings and then walk home from the terminal, and I kept hearing there was going to be fierce winds, and I kept imagining myself flying away. Then Sunday night right before I left work I heard the buses might not even be running that late, which pretty much took the decision out of my hands - I emailed my supervisor and told her I wasn't going to be able to come in. Which was a good thing since buses weren't running that late on Monday and then I found out that they closed the call center early, so I would have gotten out earlier, and still wouldn't have a ride home. So I stayed indoor yesterday, waiting for Sandy.

I watched the live coverage most of the day and kept scaring myself even more, until eventually I decided to play Sims until the power went out.

The power never went out...my street did not get flooded...my street is wet and full of leaves, that's it. I feel so grateful that I'm ok and had a pretty relaxing day aside from obsessing. Especially when I know so many people are without power even now, 2 of my best friends don't have power. I'm glad I'm ok, I'm glad I had it easy. My thoughts are with those who didn't have it as easy as I did...and with my #1 best friend who lives in Jersey and whom I haven't heard from today. I hope her and her family are ok.

No comments: