Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Toe-Tapping Thursday: Celine Dion

Last week I opened the can of worms that is Celine Dion. Once Pandora's box is open, it's kind of hard to close it back up. Translation: Almost non-stop Celine at my house (there was a Tori Amos day in between, but then I went right back to Celine). So, after extensive research [aka hours of non stop listening - (English) album after (English) album] I have compiled my top 10 Celine Dion songs.

10. Beauty and the Beast - duet with Peabo Bryson: It's Beauty and the Beast people! Disney!!! Not much more I can say about that.



9. The Power Of Love: "'Cause I am your lady. And you are my man. Whenever you reach for me. I'll do all that I can!" I like romantic songs, and this one is pretty lovey. I love how it starts so quiet and then builds up.



8. My Heart Will Go On (Theme from Titanic): You know there can't be a list without this song. Hey, at least it isn't number one!



7. Seduces Me: This song is in her Falling Into You album (1996). I don't think this was a single, but I love this song. It's very sensual, and a little subdued for the most part for her. And I adore the guitar in this song.



6. Where Does My Heart Beat Now: Classic Celine. Everything about this song just works perfectly. Love the chorus, especially the last line, "Where do all the lonely hearts go." She comes down from her belt to deliver it and it's perfect.



5. When I Fall In Love - duet with Clive Griffin (from Sleepless in Seattle):  This classic song has been covered a lot, probably because it's just a beautiful song. Celine and Clive nail it!



4. Alone: I remember when this album (Taking Chances) came out. I was at FYE, and picked it up to sample the tracks and when this song started I gasped. It's my favorite Heart song, and Celine covered it! (Although I hear it isn't Heart's original song...) As I listened to Celine's cover in the store I had to force myself not to squee and jump and/or faint. I loved it. Loved it so much I bought the entire album.



3. Tell Him - duet with Barbara Streisand: Oh man, I remember when this song first came out - I died! Died I tell you! These two ladies, singing together...E.PIC! And the video is brilliant - I loved that it was them singing in the studio and learning the song and playing around. The 90's had a lot of videos like this, but this one is one of the ones that just works so well.



2. If You Asked Me To: Well, no wonder it was the song for last week's Triple T, it's my second all time favorite. Honestly, I didn't know it was that high up on the list until I made this list.




1. It's All Coming Back to Me Now: Oh yes. yes yes yes yes yes! You got the piano, you got the passion, you got the dramatics, you've got the belting, you've got the best Celine Dion song EVER! And that video matches the song to a T. Also, this song/video has always reminded me of I'd Do Anything For Love by Meatloaf. Which is funny, because Meatloaf did a cover of It's All Coming Back to Me with Marion Raven, formerly of M2M, ten years after the original came out.

So here it is, the FULL version of It's All Coming Back to Me Now - because the radio edit cuts out most of my favorite section of the song.




No comments: