Pages

Thursday, April 03, 2014

Toe-Tapping Thursday: Welcome To The Dollhouse

This week's Toe-Tapping Thursday is the album Welcome To The Dollhouse by Danity Kane. This was the group's sophomore (and last) album which came out back in 2008.

I was obsessed with this group almost since the very beginning. I stumbled across a marathon of Making The Band 3 one weekend and I LOVED it! From that moment on, I was invested in finding out who Diddy was going to pick to be in the band. And from the very beginning, both Aundrea and Aubrey were my favorites - and they ultimately ended up becoming two of the members. I loved how they become best friends. Of course they didn't stay best friends...

It was a long road forming this group. At the end of the season, Diddy did not make a band. Instead he picked some of the contestants to move on to round 2 (Making The Band 3 Season 2) where they - along with new contestants - had to dance harder, and sing better. At the end of this season Danity Kane was formed. Unfortunately they didn't last long. There was a lot of drama between the girls and Diddy, and he eventually fired Aubrey and D. Woods from the group. Shortly after that he got rid of Aundrea and only kept Dawn (I think Shannon left of her own accord, I don't remember honestly). It was heartbreaking seeing these girls who worked their asses off disband in a relatively short amount of time.

But they're back! The girls have gotten back together - sans D. Woods - and are working on their third studio album, and are going on tour this May. I think that's cool. Makes me wonder if Aubrey and Aundrea overcame their issues and are good friends again.

Anyway, for some reason I just had this urge to listen to their second album, so I went searching for it in my room and found it rather quickly. I hadn't listened to it in over 4 years, and I'd forgotten how good it was. Of course I remembered how good the song Damaged was, since it was their single. And Bad Girl was always playing in my old apartment (it was my Whore's anthem). But I forgot how good the other tracks were, especially Strip Tease and 2 Of You which are my favorite tracks besides Damaged.

I will definitely check out their third album when it comes out.



No comments: