Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Toe-Tapping Thursday: Go Slow

I almost forgot about Toe-Tapping Thursday - a lot of craziness happened last night. Let's just say it involved me moving a sofa from my 2nd floor apartment all the way downstairs and outside by myself, and leave it at that.

But while I was struggling with furniture, or playing online games, or reading, or whatever else I've done this week, there was one song that I kept listening to. And when I wasn't listening to it, I was humming it or singing it in my head. The song is Go Slow by HAIM. Yes, I know I talked about HAIM a few weeks ago, but in my defense I spoke of them as a whole, and now I'm speaking about one particular song.

Usually what I do when I listen to an album, is locate my favorite track and listen to it non stop. Then slowly, I start listening to the rest of the album, with a lot of repeats of the favorite track. But little by little, I find a 2nd favorite song, or a discover I really like the beat of a certain song or the lyrics of another track speak to me. This is what happened with Go Slow. After exhausting If I Could Change Your Mind and Better Off, I found myself going back to Go Slow. I think what really made it my current obsession was their live performances of the song; I found little nuances that I hadn't heard in the album - they're there, I hear them now that I know to look for them, but they're so far in the background that I've missed it this whole time. The lyrics are really good; the more I listened to them, the more I realized that they spoke to me. The song is about an ex and I think we all have an ex, right? :P It's just a great song overall, HAIM killed it with this track in a very sneaky way; the song is understated until you really listen to it...a lot. LOL.

(Funny story before I show the video/song: If you read my post on HAIM from a few weeks ago, or if you're a fan of the band, you know that Alana Haim looks like Troian Bellisario from Pretty Little Liars. Well, HAIM performed at Coachella this past weekend, and Troain was there. Someone tweeted Troian, "Hey are you in HAIM!?" and Troian replied, "Yes I am." HAHAHA! Love it!!!)

Ok ok here it is - this is my favorite live performance that I've seen. And it has a funny pick up line in the end. :P



No comments: