Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Toe-Tapping Thursday: Sarah

Hello and welcome to another Toe-Tapping Thursday. This week's song, though not new, is new to me. (Gotta love Spotify) I stumbled across the track Sarah by Kate Miller Heidke a few days ago, and OMG, what a song! Her voice just commanded my attention - it's so powerful and the song sounds so haunting. And this was before I even actually heard the lyrics! After I realized what she was saying in the song, the track became even more haunting. The song is based on true events, a story one of her friends told her, about a girl who went to the Livid Festival back in 97' and goes missing for 2 weeks. When she shows up, she has no memory of the last 2 weeks. Spooky, I know.

Kate sings the song from the point of view of the missing girl's friend (the girl who told Kate the story), who was there when she went missing

I absolutely love this song, and its lyrics. I'm obsessed. I listened to a few other songs by Kate Miller Heidke but I didn't find them as good as this one. Then again, I was busy alphabetizing books, so I wasn't paying that much attention, lol. I will be listening to her some more in the future. In the meantime, I leave you with this amazing and haunting song. Enjoy!



No comments: