Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Lack of Sleep But Still a Good Day!

I think it's been about 2 weeks since I've had a decent night's sleep. I've napped, but I haven't slept a good 7 or 8 hours straight. It's beginning to take a toll me. For example, I've been trying to write a blog all day today. I couldn't come up with a topic, and I was sooo tired, I couldn't even form words in my head to type up. I'm officially mentally exhausted and it sucks, because I want to do so many things, and I can't!

On a better note, today was a very lovely day. I was surprised, because yesterday was rather nasty; wet, rainy, and at one point slushy. So to have this wonderful weather, and sun (even though I'm not a fan of the big star) was good. Especially since I went downtown today, and the thought of me getting my hair wet, made me kind of nervous. But no worries, because it all worked out.

Speaking of downtown...the reason I was downtown, was because I had a lunch date. Like a DATE date. Weird, I know! I don't date often. I'll go on first dates with a few guys, get discourage, quit, and not date again for at least a year. That's my routine, and I've been pretty consistent about it. :P But, this date was actually nice, and there is going to be a second one. *gasp* Finally, someone who understands the true definition of dating. I'm all about taking it slow, actually getting to know someone, not committing to a relationship with a near stranger; and the guys I've dated (and pretty much everyone nowadays) they're quick to attach a title and talk about weddings and kids. It's scary, people! What's the rush? Enough with instant gratification, and enough with being in love with the idea of being in love. Can we all just take it one step at a time, live in the moment, and smell the roses? Thank you. (Apparently, this has turned into a Public Service Announcement.)

No comments: