Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Toe-Tapping Thursday - Indestructible (Acoustic Version)

Ok sweeties, we're gonna have a quickie Triple T this week. It's after 1 a.m. I've been up since 6 a.m. and only slept about an hour. Long day.

Anywho, this week's Toe-Tapping Thursday is the acoustic version of Indestructible by Robyn. Now, Robyn first came on the scenes in the mid 90's with her hit single Show Me Love. (I still remember the All That performance of that song) Shortly thereafter, she fell off the face of mainstream music - at least to me - and I kinda forgot about her for years. Then somewhere between 2006-2007 I stumbled across her most recent (at that time) album and I fell in LOVE with her sound. Not the bubble gum pop that I associated her with. This was cool, and unique, and funny, and quirky, and it worked. So I've been a Robyn fan since then.

Sometimes I can go periods of time where I don't listen to her, and then out of the blue I'll think of one of her songs, or it'll play on my Pandora or Spotify and it's like I'm discovering her for the first time all over again. That's what happened this week - I was listening to Spotify radio and this song came on, and I fell in love with it all over again. I'm a sucker for acoustic versions of artist's songs (Living On a Prayer, anyone?).

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I do. :)


No comments: