Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Quick Update

Hello all, just wanted to stop by and tell you guys what's been going on...

Well my friend Ashley moves in with me today, she should actually be all set up by the time I get home from work. I'm kind of excited, though I love the solitude of living by myself, and though I was planning on turning that spare bedroom into a writing space, I'm glad she's moving in. The apartment is so big for just me, and I feel lonely and bored most days, and now I wont be! I'll have someone to talk to, and that's good good.


I've spent a good part of this week over at http://coffeetimeromance.com/board I joined last month, and I'd go really quick everyday to see what's going on, but these last couple of days I've practically moved in to the forums. It's so much fun, I'm meeting a lot of great people, and we all come together because we love books and love to read. It's a blast, and I'm really glad that CoffeeTime found me on myspace and sent me a friend request.


I haven't been working on my novel (eek) I'm afraid I'm going to do it again, I'm going to delete it. Aly hates when I do that (I do it a lot), and I kind of do too. I spent so much time working on it, I've written a couple of thousand words and it's going to suck to have to start over, but I just don't believe in the story, I don't believe in the characters, they don't call to me I don't know what to do honestly. I've had a whole bunch of ideas these last couple of nights just swimming in my head. And there's one in particular that I keep going back to...I don't know...maybe I should go with that, see where it takes me...


UPDATE: As I was writing this blog, I got a phone call from my best friend Virginia, who's down in Denver for AmeriCorps, and she's devistated! Apparently a guy kissed her, and she didn't stop it, and now she feels super horrible about it, because she has a boyfriend. She told him about it, I don't know what's going to happen but she's so scared. She's afraid she ruined her whole life, that her relationship is going to end, she feels like she's not worth anything, and it saddens me to hear that. I told her so too, I told her that people make mistakes, that we can only learn and grow from them. I told her not to make any rash decisions now, to take it one step at a time (because she wants to leave AmeriCorps and come back up here to deal with this). I hope things get straighten out, I love that girl so much, and a small part of me feels like interfering in on this and talking to her boyfriend, try to fix this for her. I'm usually not that type of person, I usually offer advice and a shoulder because who am I to tell her what to do? But I don't want her to leave AmeriCorps (when she's only been there about 2-3 weeks) and have her come back and then have her regret leaving in the first place. So I'm really tempted to try to sort this out for her, I just want her to be happy. But will I be able to jump right in the middle of something that is really none of my business? Seems a bit rude, and something I've never done before...

No comments: