Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

NaNoWriMo

So it's that time of the year again (no not Halloween) NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). Now I know what some of you are thinking, "She's never mentioned NaNo before." Well that's because I've never done it before (I'm a NaNo Virgin). I vaguely knew about it the last two years, but I was in Chachi-Land doing who knows what with my time. But this year I decided to do it, because I figured, if I can't write a 50,000 word novel (rough draft) during this month, with the time constraint, then I can't do it any other time. And this is something I need to know, because I want to be a published writer, and if I can't write a novel, then I'm just wasting my time, and my dream is only that...a dream.

I'm nervous as heck, but I know a few people that are doing it as well, and we will cheer eachother on. Hopefully I can make it, and I'm not as nervous as I was before, because I finally thought of what I could write about. Trust me I was mentally pacing back and forth trying to come up w/ a story idea. Here it is, my rather small synopsis for NaNoWriMo:

Jenny, recruited at the age of 8 by evil forces to become their queen, lost to them, has now been found after 10 years. Will Jenny succumb to the fate that was laid upon her so many years ago, or will the man that has recently become part of her life save her from the temptation she now faces?

No comments: