Pages

Monday, September 08, 2008

Too much Law & Order...and Sims 2

Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a good weekend, I guess I could say I did. I had a dream last night, I guess it was more of a nightmare, but I like nightmares (lol), they don't scare me. It was about "Law & Order: SVU" which I happen to LOVE. I got into it about a year ago, and I've been hooked since, and if you have cable, you know that this summer on USA all they did was give "SVU" (and the occasional "Criminal Intent") marathon. I can safely say that I saw every "SVU" marathon this summer. And now I can also say that I've been watching too much "Law & Order", my dream was pretty much a new "SVU" episode that my mind conjured up, this is what I remember of it:

A little girl got raped and kidnapped, and Benson and Stabler were in charge of the investigation (of course), and they start running ideas w/ eachother about the person that might have done it, and they come up w/ a good-if vague-idea of who commited the crime. Benson later goes back to the little girl's house to talk to her mother, when she discovers a drop of blood that the tech. team missed, so she takes a sample of it, and then hears someone coming into the house. (Now at this point I'm Olivia) So I hide in one of the bedrooms-I guess to catch the perpetrator-but when I was about to bust him, I paused in fear. At that moment I did not know why. But then it fades to black (tooooo much tv time lol) and when it reconvenes (I guess after a commercial break) Benson and Stabler are at the girl's school (now I'm Stabler btw) and Olivia informs us that while we were looking for someone from the school before, now we have evidence that shows that while it's still someone from the school, it's actually one of her classmates that took her. So they brought Dr. Huang over to do a profile, and he said that the boy we were looking for was seriously disturbed (duh), had been physically abused, and showed an interest to sadomasochism that he just could not hide. Another commercial break, and then Stabler (still me) is laying in bed sleeping, and he has a prophetic dream. It flashes in front of his eyes as quick images, of first a little boy, then the little boy w/ bloody hands, then he's holding a bloody knife, and finally a look of glee. Stabler wakes up, and so do I. :P

Yup, that was my dream, maybe tonight I'll finish the episode, haha.

Now on for the second part of my blog title...Sims 2, yes I have come to the realization that I have played too much Sims, and this is why. Today at work, I was simming (playing Sims) and my Sim had all these wants that I wasn't fulfilling because I was forcing her to study and gain skill points, which she didn't want to do, BUT I was thinking about her lifetime goal (her aspiration) and in order to make her TRULY happy, I had to forgo her current wants. And then it hit me: Duh Jen, if YOU want to reach YOUR aspiration, you must forgo the things that you currently want, and start thinking about the bigger picture. So I shut off my Sims game (:'( wuahh) and worked on my writing. And that's when I know I've simmed too much, when I learn valuable lessons from it.

No comments: