Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"oooook" moment

So here's a random, should have been normal, encounter w/ my landlords:

So Ruben (my landlord :D) was supposed to stop by my house yesterday to take care of a leaking problem in my roof, and also to collect the rent (but we'd agreed that he'd stop by my job to get it since I practically live there). He was supposed to be at my house @ 3, but didn't show up (no surprise). I get a call around 4:30, it's his wife Zebel, and she has called to let me know that Ruben wasn't going to make it because he had car trouble and his car was in the shop. (No problem) And if it was ok for her to get the rent later that night. So I told her that the money was at my job w/ my step-dad (I work for him) like we all agreed on and that she could stop by the store whenever she wanted to pick it up. So she says ok, and we hang up. End of story . . .

Or so I thought . . .

Later that evening, around 7:00, there's a knock on my door. It's Ruben. He tells me that he stopped by to tell me that he couldn't stop by because he had no car, and that yes, he knew his wife spoke w/ me about it earlier. And if it was ok for him to come Wednesday, I said yes, and then he said he wasn't going to get the rent today (yesterday), he'd wait till Wednesday. Then he left. End of story. REALLY.

So I'm sorry but...WHY did u show up at my door to tell me something that I already knew and to ask me something you could have asked over the phone??? And no, he does not live near me...so why bother? If anything, wouldn't he have just gone to my job to get the rent money since he decided to come down here anyway??? (FYI: My job is only a couple of blocks from my house).

Does anybody else find this a tad odd? Random? Anomalous? <-I like that word :P



19 Days Till...



No comments: