Pages

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A lil writing

So I wrote a little bit today, started a story, which was very exciting since it's been over a year since I wrote anything...at least that's what I've been telling people. To be honest, I wrote something 3 months ago, I just didn't share it with anybody, but other than that I really hadn't written anything in over a year, lol. Well I decided to post what I wrote here because...well I dunno, I felt like it.

Untitled

Three years ago
I could no longer stand
The attraction that I felt all day
The way you irritated me
The way you made me smile
I hated you
Yet I wanted you

Three years ago
You finally noticed me
(Or maybe I noticed that you noticed me)
That's all it took

We went from being rivals
To being eachother's pest
To being friends
And finally...lovers...

Thus our bittersweet romance began
And with it
The end of what I once knew

You gave me romance
In all its cliches
I tried my best
To do the same

But the harder I tried
The more I knew
That I would never be good enough for you

My lack of self confidence
Turned me sour
Knowing I could never be
The girl you deserved
The girl I wanted to be
For you
And only you

I purposly sabotaged our relationship
Till all we had left was a friendship
And then I sabotaged that as well
Till all we had left was the past

Three years have passed
And even though I hadn't regretted it at first
As time went on
And the force of what I had done finally hit me,
I realized that all I needed to do
Was love you
Which I think I did
And if truth be told
I think I still do

So I write this
Three years after the fact
Hoping someday you'll read this...
(But also hoping you never do)

...She will never love you like I loved you

1 comment:

Vera Ezimora said...

Hi Jen!

Thanks for ur comment on my blog. (too bad u don't like broccoli though :)) Believe me, I have tried turning my cell phone off, but I just keep feeling like I'll miss an important call. The funny thing is, every time I turn it off, I miss a call I wouldn't have liked 2 miss. And when it's on, only my regular friends call. Anywayz, I like ur poem a lot, but you should really give it a title; a poem without a title is like a nameless child...I know u wouldn't leave ur child unnamed. Oh, and I'm sorry about your job loss; I'm sure you'll get a better one soon.