Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2018

Toe-Tapping Thursday: Dancing On My Own by Robyn

About a week or two ago, I found myself humming this awesome Robyn song completely out of the blue.

I've known the song for years and kind of forgot about it because there are other Robyn songs that stand out to me more. But a few months ago, I saw a Pentatonix cover of this song which breathed new life into it for me.

Once you strip the dance beat down, you can really focus on the lyrics, and they stay with you. Even thought I already knew the lyrics, I guess they didn't really penetrate my brain. :P

Dancing On My Own is such a sad song and it's resonating with me at the moment which I think is a little weird. It is true that I am getting over a break-up, but it ended amicably. Nobody cheated or anything bad. Out dating personalities were a little too different...so yeah, it's sad to end things, but I in no way feel like Robyn in this song. And yet here I am, listening to it on repeat - the original AND the Pentatonix cover.

So I present to you both versions of the song. I love them both, and hope you do too.


No comments: