Pages

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Toe-Tapping Thursday: Chandelier

Welcome to another Toe-Tapping Thursday. NOT brought to you by Celine Dion. LOL.

Alright, now that we got Celine out of our systems, it's time to move on. This awesome awesome awesome song AND video has been waiting patiently for its turn. Chandelier by Sia. Where to start...well as far as Sia, her songs are either hit or miss for me. I either really enjoy her stuff or really don't; and I'm referring to both the songs she sings and the songs she writes for other artists. Chandelier is by far my most favorite song that she sings. The lyrics are dark and I find the chorus to have this desperation that I really like, and Sia paired it with such an awesome tune. Then last month the video premiered and when I saw it I loved it just as much as the song. It's an amazing video and it features Maddie Ziegler from Dance Moms who is an amazing dancer, even though personally I don't like the way she comes off on the show - I'm a Chloe fan. But let's not get me started on Dance Moms. (Note to self: Find out what date that's coming back on)

So if you haven't seen the video or heard the song, press play and enjoy! And if you have heard/seen it, I'm sure you love it as much as I do, so press play and enjoy! ;)


2 comments:

CCWriter said...

I am not familiar with this artist Sia, but I love her song and posted on my wall. I thought maybe you might include something about how she never shows herself...but I appreciated knowing that the dancer was from Dance Mom's...I found the video a little disconcerting at first because the young girl appears to be naked...I was so relieved to find her clothed, but wondered why the artist choose this??? Thought provoking all in all...

SaturnMoonie said...

Sia isn't a big fan of the limelight - she prefers to work on her craft and so she chooses to stay as hidden as possible. I know she went through a sex and alcohol binge phase and I think Chandelier is about her drinking; if it is, I would assume the costume she picked for Maddie to wear was a representation of how Sia felt - vulnerable. But that is my interpretation of the song and video.

You may be more familiar with some of the songs she's helped write. She co-wrote Titanium, she wrote the lyrics for Rhianna's song Diamond, she co wrote a few of Britney Spears songs from her last album - Perfume being one of them. She's worked with J-Lo, Celine Dion, and others. :)