Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Go ahead and laugh!

I think I’m a rather funny person. Not on purpose, I just do and say funny things. This is a recent development, since I’m more comfortable in my own skin and I don’t take things as serious as I once did.

This is what transpired between me and my roomie last night.

It was almost 10 p.m. We were watching the end of Charm School and Ashley was talking my ear off, as she tends to do when she misses me and hasn’t spent time with me in days.

At some point she stopped talking about important stuff and was just making small talk, so I kiiiinda tuned her out some. (Hey I was talking to Rick on AIM, I was very amused…)

A commercial for Drag Me To Hell comes on T.V. Rick messages me and Lisa texts me all at the same time. Sorry Ash, but you’re getting ignored, I can only do so much multi tasking.

Ashley says, “I saw the theatrical trailers for this. She gets cursed cuz she wouldn’t give an old lady a loan.”

My brain which was occupied with Rick and Lisa takes the information and rewires it. This is what I heard:

“I saw the theatrical trailer for this. She gets cursed cuz she wouldn’t leave an old lady alone.”

Well hell THAT got my attention!

I was riveted now.

“Wait, hold up!” I stopped typing and looked at Ashley, my eyes bugging out. “This chick is going to hell cuz she wouldn’t leave an old lady alone!? What the hell!?”

Insert Ashley laughing her ass off at me.

“No, that’s not what I said--”

“Shit, remind me to leave old people alone. Sabes que, she tells me to leave her alone and I’m walking out the room.”

Is this as funny to you guys as it was to us? Cuz lemme tell you, we were laughing kinda hard. And I told her if it’s Rick or Lisa I’m talking to she needs to realize I wont be paying attention to her unless she’s talking about penises. And even then, it better be a big penis, it would help if she were waving said penis in my face too…

But that’s enough of that. Just thought I’d share. I was laughing a lot last night between Rick, Charm School (“I’m not ghetto, I’m just passionate.” & “I’m not quitting Charm School, I’m dropping out.”<---sounds the same to me) and Blog Talk Radio with the Sapphire Blue ladies.

It reminded me that I love to laugh.

2 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

One of my favorite scenes in Mary Poppins. LOL! I rather laugh any day of the week. And you better me nice to me or else... LOL!

SaturnMoonie said...

LMAO! Yes yes, whatever you say! I'm probably already going to hell, but I don't need the extra nudge.

And anyways, you're not old!!!