Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Didn't I say I was going to write?

Well this wasn't what I had in mind when I said it.

For some reason, I have no problem rambling on my blog(s) but whenever I try to work on my story I get a headache.

I don't think I'm forcing myself. I really have this feeling of needing to work on my story, my characters are all in my head and I see the scene I'm in currently playing in my head over and over and over again. But when I actually pull up the document and place my hands on the keyboard, I get the awful headache!

What is that supposed to mean? If I don't write I feel restless and if I try I get pain. What should I do?

3 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

You're afraid of failing. I get the same way at times. So if you're writing on a laptop, pick it up and go somewhere else with it to write. If not, grab a notebook and pen and go somewhere (bookstores are great) and start writing. If you tense up, then pretend you're interviewing your characters. You'll be surprised how it will loosen you up. Good luck!

Vera Ezimora said...

I totally understand how you feel. I always see the scene in my head, and I hear these great conversations, but writing is down is so not easy! I get discouraged, unmoved, and just plain tired.

Oh, and I mysteriously fall asleep too. I'm blaming this one on the devil!

SaturnMoonie said...

Thank you, Carla! That makes a lot of sense.

I have a laptop, but I think I'm going to grab one of my notebooks and write there for a while. :)

Vera you sound just like me! And I guess the devil was at my apartment last night, cuz I fell asleep after I wrote this blog! And I don't even remember falling asleep! LOL.