Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

1 Week Off Work = Creative juices galore!

My creativity juices flow out in its entirety as I take the week to write my YA paranormal series. It’s about a familiar named Tiffany who, after turning 17 discovers that she is a familiar with special shape shifting abilities and special powers. This series follows Tiffy and her journey into learning the rules of a familiar, honing her skills, finding a witch, and finding out some dark family secrets. Each day I write an entire book, so by the end of the week I have 7. I take the first one and polish it, send it to a publishing company and am offered a book contract. Once the first book publishes, it becomes a NY times best seller. I get another 3 book contract deal, and the following 3 books also get on the NY times best seller list. By this point, I’m making enough money and feel confident in my writing ability to quit my job. I eventually publish all 7 books and the series is made into a movie targeted toward children and pre-teens.

While the movie(s) are being filmed I write a few other YA books. They don’t do as well as the first series, but they still land on the NY best seller. After that, I unearth my erotic romance series, and self publish it under a different name. By day, I am Jennifer Santiago, YA author. By night, I am McKenzie Rose, erotic romance writer. I am my own boss, work my own hours, and I love it.

2 comments:

Lisa Pietsch said...

Do it! Do it now!!!

Aly Lynn said...

Woot woot!! Let's both do this!