Pages

Saturday, January 05, 2013

1st Blog of 2013

Hey hey hey people! Happy be-lated holidays and happy new year. I hope every one had a great time these last couple of weeks. Nothing eventful happened to me, so there is no need to recap the holidays for you. I guess, like everyone else, I have some resolutions for the new year. Let me share them with you:

1. Read more! Once upon a time, I would read on average 3 books a week. Now, I know I've grown and I've changed...and I know I've been scared because of my book addiction; but that is no reason to stop reading altogether! I have gotten pickier with my books too, but no matter. I plan on reading more. I may even re-open my book review blog, Book Universe. We'll see...

2. Write more! I miss writing. I'm not where I used to be, and I need motivation. I figure, if I enter little writing contests that will help with my skill and help me to get back into the swing of things. :) Anybody got any cool contests they want to tell me about? LOL.

3. Lose some weight. Yeah, doubt this one will happen, but I'll try. I'll say 10 pounds. Now the trick is going to keep the 10 pounds off. I usually have these 7 pounds that come and go every couple of weeks. So I want to lose the 7 plus 3 more and keep them off. It's not a lot and it won't make a difference, but seeing the numbers on the scale will make me feel better.

Those are my main resolutions for the year.

Now, moving on...this may sound rather self-centered of me, but I want a website. All about me! Blog entries, book reviews, pictures of me and things I bake. I don't know, just a Jen world. (Jen is my name, just in case you didn't know). I might look into free website places, and maybe I'll get one. I doubt it'll be exciting but I think it'll be neat and it's something to do. I'm much more active online than I am offline, so I figure I should make myself known online...again. I've fallen through the cracks these last few years. It's time to re-appear!

Anyway, that's it for now. Just my usual ramblings. :)

1 comment:

Aly Lynn said...

Those are my new years resolutions also!! =) Read more, write more, lose weight, oh & some more which I'll blog about =)