Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

NaNo weekend...TRL

This weekend was hella wordy! I spent the weekend writing and participating in word wars, I'm super tired, super drained. Friday night I had around 13,000 words, tonight I'm almost to 18,000 words. I'm exhausted, but I'm glad I wrote my lil brain off. I wrote a lot of good lines today, it was hard to submit my best line over at Rain's site...so I submitted a paragraph even though she said not to...oops sowwy

Tonight was the finale of TRL (Total Request Live) I haven't seen the show in a few years because it wasn't the same, it was kinda suckish. But I decided to watch it tonight because it was the finale and they were going to reminisce on all the stuff that happened on the show these past 10 years. Lemme tell you, I was watching The Backstreet Boys sing "I Want It That Way" and I got a little teary eyed. It wasn't because it was The Backstreet Boys, I've never really been a "fan" I was an *NSYNC girl all the way. But I remembered when TRL first came one, before it was abbreviated. I remember when Britney first came on and when Christina first came on. I remember the countless NSYNC/Backstreet Boys battles and how they always had the first two spots and one day NSYNC would be number 1 and then Backstreet Boys would take it. I remember calling and voting, I remember when they premiered "Sonny Came Home", when Justin performed as a solo artist...so many things, so many videos. I REMEMBER WHEN THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED THE VIDEOS.

It made me feel old, 10 years had passed, and it made me feel like I was one step closer to adulthood, like one of the last part of my youth just ended. I will never get it back, that's why I got teary eyed. It was a little sad, but I'm glad I watched it, a lot of fond memories were attached to that show.

No comments: