Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

2 Free books and a robbery

Today was a crazy day, to say the least. First I won 2 contests, both over at Coffeetime (yay free books). Then, less than 30 minutes before I left work, I got held up. The guy took 2 packs of Newports and all the money in the register, which was about $300.00

We got a pretty good view of him on our cameras, and I gave a description to the police, I may or may not be able to recognize him though, because he was wearing a baseball cap that covered his eyes. But if he wears the same coat I def. could! Hehe.

Trust me when I say that just because I "sound" ok and like I may be joking around, I was pretty freaking scared. I've never been robbed before, and I've never been told that they have a gun and are going to use it if I don't give them all the money I've got. At first I didn't even believe him, I thought it was a joke. Once it was established that it wasn't and I gave him the money and he ran out, I was kinda in shock. Then I felt my insides trembling, but my 5 year old nephew was around and the police were there so I didn't have time to break down. Even the police officer that saw the playback of the tape said I handled it very well, I told him, "Wait till I get home, I won't be handling it all."

So after I got home, I thought about drinking, but didn't. Felt like crying, but didn't. I ended up just laying in bed and letting the fear grip me, and then I took a nap. How was everyone else's day?

No comments: