Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

I hate the holidays...

Bahumbug! That's what I gotta say!

I was so excited for Christmas to arrive, to give and receive presents, to see my mom, to eat pig's feet, to get a cake, to blow out candles, to hear people I care about sing me Happy Birthday...well not a lot of that happened.

I spent the entire time fighting with my mother, she even had the audacity to send me to my room. Err, excuse me CARMEN, but it's MY damn house, and ain't nobody sending me NOWHERE! I got no cake, no one sang me Happy Birthday, and all this holiday season brought upon was headaches, arguments, and lack of cash.

I took off 2 extra days off from work (that I will not get paid for) just so I can finish Operation Clean House, and greet my mother because she decided (without informing anybody else) that she was coming a whole 12 hours earlier.

Then she completely disregards anything I say, including that she is not allowed to smoke in my house. Well she does it anyways, and I almost get evicted out of my apartment because of it. Do you think she cares? Nope! She doesn't even care that her smoking sent my neighbor's 2 year-old girl to the hospital. But I'm not gonna get into THAT because the whole thing left me so livid, that my step-dad/boss told me to take a shot of Moonshine and go home (3 more hours of work I missed cuz of her).

On top of that, me and Darnell called it quits to our...um...friendship+ and that's got me feeling super blah. The sad thing is, even with us not speaking to eachother, he was still nicer to me than other people (like my MOTHER) and made me a Lemon Meringue Pie, YUM. Which I call my Birthday Pie :/

All in all, this was yet another birthday that was ruined by my mother, and another birthday where I got my heart broken. Why do they always wait till my birthday??? *shrugs* Who knows.

Oh well....Happy 23rd Birthday Jen.

2 comments:

Vera Ezimora said...

Awwww.

You poor thing. I can't imagine how you musta been feeling on that day. Well, I did not buy ANYTHING for anyone because I am supa dupa broke, so everyone will have to wait till next year.

Don't worry, love 2009 will bring with some interesting and new opportunities - one that are bigger and better. Just wait & see.

SaturnMoonie said...

From your mouth to God's ear, dear. (Never used that saying before, but figured it was appropriate now).

I'm sure if you wished everyone a Merry Christmas that the gifts didn't mean much to them.

Hope your X-mas was better than mine! :D TGIO! That's what I say. Now it's New Years, time to get DRUUUUUNK.